What's the latest on Bluetooth Might Mouse rumors?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I searched and searched and read and read, but couldn't find anything other than people wanting one.

So, are there any rumors about a Bluetooth version of the Mighty Mouse being released anytime soon?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Argelius

I searched and searched and read and read, but couldn't find anything other than people wanting one.

So, are there any rumors about a Bluetooth version of the Mighty Mouse being released anytime soon?

the closest I have seen is this
  • Reply 2 of 13
  • Reply 3 of 13
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

I doubt that anyone here knows anything about that. Nothing more than wild speculation to see for now as far as I know.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Steve, I think, said no bluetooth mouse because BT drains battery life too hard. Don't quote me, but that was the gist of what I think I read at MacRumors a while back.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    At the retail store I formerly worked at, The Mouse BT had about a 50% return rate for reliability, failure and lag reasons.

While The Mouse is a good product, I cant recommend the bluetooth version to anyone. It's a wonder DV forge still makes them.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    I just got a Kensington PilotMouse Bluetooth . Works great -- I love it.

They also have a smaller version available, but I found it uncomfortable to use:

PilotMouse Mini

I haven't had it long enough to be sure, but so far the batteries seem to holding up okay...
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

I just got a Kensington PilotMouse Bluetooth . Works great -- I love it.

They also have a smaller version available, but I found it uncomfortable to use:

PilotMouse Mini

I haven't had it long enough to be sure, but so far the batteries seem to holding up okay...

my apple bluetooth mouse was great. great working and great on batteries.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Right. They DEFINITELY need to make one, now that AA rechargeables are so cheap and chargers are so fast.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    They will release one as soon as you can't take it any longer, buckle, and purchase a wired Mighty Mouse. Guaranteed. They have experts working out exactly how long it takes before you give in.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hobbes

They will release one as soon as you can't take it any longer, buckle, and purchase a wired Mighty Mouse. Guaranteed. They have experts working out exactly how long it takes before you give in.

yep, its called the desirable peak limited technology uber-resistance inflection point (DPLTURIP). The point where the technically affluent and thus cautious purchasers decide to break down and purchase a product with a known limited perch atop the techni-pile. This is subset of the spending public but their disposable income directed towards technology is proportionately higher such that they can equal or outweigh the mass of general technology purchaser in electornic spending, or techno-bucks.

The interesting thing here is that when differentiating the technophile-purchase-curve (resulting in a profit curve) we find the DPLTURIP, or 'inflection point' or 'cave-in' point, is actually a maximum on the profit curve.

• Reply 11 of 13
    benroethigbenroethig Posts: 2,782member
    To be honest, I'm waiting for wireless USB before I get a wireless mouse.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    c2poonc2poon Posts: 38member
    Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer With Tilt Wheel Technology For Bluetooth <-- is this Microsoft Mouse compatible with Macs? It's so hard to find a good bluetooth mouse. I really like the Logitec MX1000 but it has a dock that has to be wired to my iMac, so that ruins the whole "wireless experience". Someone mentioned a Kensington bluetooth mouse a few posts up, but I can't that model for sale here in Canada. Any suggestions?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Logitech MX900 Bluetooth works with Mac OS X. It has a wired dock combining a BT dongle + recharging base, but you don't need to plug it in your Mac: simply pair MX900 with your BT-equipped Mac (and NOT with the BT hub), then plug the dock elsewhere on an electric wall-plug, in order to use it from time to time only as a charger.