Starcraft II - What Improvements Do You Want?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Blizzard seems to have finally admitted that they'll be making a Starcraft II, which was probably a given anyway based on the enormous sales of Starcraft and Broodwar. This was reported on Inside Macgames (see IMG news) today.

This raises the question of what do they intend to add. Will they keep the God's eye-view (probably)? Will it still be a real-time strategy (RTS)? Again, I think so.

You can also expect different units (new races?) and a new series of pre-canned missions with accompanying story boards. I'd like to see improved BattleNet play (damn 56k'ers), a smarter AI, and further guards against cheating. And being able to share resources with allies would be neat (you could pool resources or lend them as need be). Or maybe an option to have a comp take over your role if you need to leave a multi-player game.

What does everyone else want to see changed/added?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    More races as you mentioned. Better Graphs and loads of cinematics. A good story line like in the first. A friendly editor that evryone can use. Better speeds at battle.net and better security. And much more

Voila Blizzard must finish W3 then S2.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    enderender Posts: 353member
    I know it probably won't happen, but I would love for SC2 to have high resolution cinematics & more of them (even more than Diablo II, and those were so awesome even at their not-entirely-spectacular resolution) and then distribute SC2 on DVD. Or at maybe make some sort of 'gold' edition that comes on DVD after the regular release on CD-ROM.

I think that Blizzard could really show us some incredible things if it had a more relaxed space limitation.

Anyway, whatever they bring to the table with SC2 (and WC3), I will be amazed and in awe, I'm sure.

Eagerly awaiting the next Blizzard release,

-Ender
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Starcraft II... mmmmmm...

Ditto everything Turkey Boy said.

Improved AI would be MUCH apprecited. I couldn't begin to count all the times my 'goons have ended up on the wrong corner of the map because they can't wait for each other to go through a narrow path. You have to manage them SOOO carefully in bnet games.

Also, i agree that SCII should have a better editor. The Mac version for SC was horrible! The third-party "Emerald" editor was a nice improvement, but it still wasn't perfect.

Of course, bigger maps! 256x256 blocks was okay since SC required a 640x480 screen, but at a higher resolution, 256x256 would seem quite small. It already does seem small in some 8 player games.