Old Podcasts Not Being Deleted in iTunes. What the...?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have iTunes set to check for new podcasts every hour, download the most recent, and keep the most recent, yet it seems to be keeping a BOATLOAD of them in the Library.

For example, my library currently contains 71 CNN News Updates, 8 NPR 7AM News Summaries, 6 NPR Stories of the Day, 8 Wall Street Journal Tech Briefings, and several others. What's the deal? Am I missing something here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Holy Crap...! Its doing it to me too! I assumed that since iTunes automatically deleted them from the library view, they would be gone from my hard drive too. Thanks for cluing me in so that I could reclaim almost a gig of hard drive space.

So does anyone know whats up with this?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cubecube Posts: 142member
    Yea I have the same problem.

I also hate that my podcasts are in my main library, and not just in the podcast section. Is this a bug?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cube

Yea I have the same problem.

I also hate that my podcasts are in my main library, and not just in the podcast section. Is this a bug?

no, under the edit menu, select the "show search bar" item and it brings up a small bar at the top of the library screen that allows you to just see podcasts, or music, or video.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I had all kinds of bugs with itunes5 and podcasts, fixing permitions fixed it all here\\
  • Reply 5 of 5

Having just come back from a trip I went into Itunes to clean up the podcasts I would never listen to, and found this problem. Hundreds of Podcasts that I cannot delete unless I first download them. Not the end of the world, but if anyone has a fix I would be interested. A previous contributor suggested repairing disk permissions, but that did not work for me.