iPod Nano System Requirements

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi,

I want to get a Nano (when they have them in stock!) but I'm not sure if i have the System Requirements. My 3yr old TiBook has a faulty combo drive, it works flawlessly with DVDs, but can't handle reading/writing regular CD's. As such i have never got round to upgrading my OS, just didn't need to and it never bothered me, i don't use CD's.

However, Apple list system requirements as 10.3.4 and above, i'm on 10.2.8 (I hope to upgrade in a few weeks, but want a Nano now!). Thing is, i just upgraded to iTunes 5.1, which lists nano connectivity, along with the new iPod updater...isn't that what dictates if it will connect?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I imagine you might have problems with connecting the nano to the Mac in the first place. I reckon that USB2 connectivity wasn't yet available in OS X Jaguar, though it might have been.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    i have a ipod nano. I have 2 computers, the older one is the original 333Mhz iMac. I upgraded it to Jaguar a year ago. I use that iMac everynow and then to transfer data (no internet connection) with my nano, it works fine, every now and then i will have a few days where the iMac won't read it. Could be software or hardware don't know. I am also not sure of iTunes with it, i've never put music on it from my 9 Gig HD :-P. I'd think it'll work, if it doesn't, you can use or friends, or it will just help speed you up with the upgrade. go for it! the nano rocks!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Awesome, thanks for the advice, i figured if it didn't work it would speed up the upgrade like you said. Can't wait to get it now.

Quote:

Originally posted by i-am-an-elf

i have a ipod nano. I have 2 computers, the older one is the original 333Mhz iMac. I upgraded it to Jaguar a year ago. I use that iMac everynow and then to transfer data (no internet connection) with my nano, it works fine, every now and then i will have a few days where the iMac won't read it. Could be software or hardware don't know. I am also not sure of iTunes with it, i've never put music on it from my 9 Gig HD :-P. I'd think it'll work, if it doesn't, you can use or friends, or it will just help speed you up with the upgrade. go for it! the nano rocks!