os x security update killed my usb audio interface!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
installed the update that popped up today and now my edirol ua-25 audio interface isn't working properly!

will only let me select the devices REC as the output in any application. which obviously does not work

is there anyway to revert to before the update? i didn't do a backup before updating because i didn't think it would screw things up. clearly i was wrong

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,728member
    Have you tried playing with "Audio Midi Setup" found in /applications/utilities/ ?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    i've semi-solved the problem... it now seems that i can't use the device in duplex, so if i want to swap from rec to play i have to detach the device, hit the switch on the back and reconnect.

since i got the device i've had probs with the device only being used in SOME applications. others use the built in. very annoying! this may be a driver problem tho...

and yes, i'm very well acquainted with audio midi setup!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jonnyboy

i've semi-solved the problem... it now seems that i can't use the device in duplex, so if i want to swap from rec to play i have to detach the device, hit the switch on the back and reconnect.

since i got the device i've had probs with the device only being used in SOME applications. others use the built in. very annoying! this may be a driver problem tho...

and yes, i'm very well acquainted with audio midi setup!

Considering that the latest update only changed a couple of files, I'd say the best people to flame would be the providers of the driver and their decision to rely on either an undocumented or broken piece of functionality in one of the libraries that has been changed recently.