Toast 5.1.2 updater & VCD

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have just tried out the export to quicktime/ Toast VCD Pal option in iMovie and the quality of the VCD has improved. The difference it quite astonishing, the old VCD was so poor, it was an embarisment, now it is really good.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by JW Pepper:

<strong>I have just tried out the export to quicktime/ Toast VCD Pal option in iMovie and the quality of the VCD has improved. The difference it quite astonishing, the old VCD was so poor, it was an embarisment, now it is really good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I have Toast 5.1.1 installed in "/Applications/Toast Titanium 5.1.1".

I just d/l 5.1.2 Updater and after double-clicking it I get

"Error creating file.

1008:5,-5000 Acess denied error"

I'm logged in as the admin when this happens.

Under terminal I've tried "open 'Toast Titanium 5.1.2 Updater'" and get same result -- bummer.

If I login as root it says I need administrative privileges!

Any ideas on how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance.

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Barry Sharp ]

[ 02-08-2002: Message edited by: Barry Sharp ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well I was able to install 5.1.2 after booting into 9.2.2. However, when trying to install 5.1.2 into my X v10.1.2 partition it didn't seem to do anything as it claimed all files were already installed!!!!

So I dragged/copied the 9.2.2 Toast 5.1.2 to my X /Applications/Roxio Toast Titanium 5.1.2 and then booted into X v10.1.2. This seemed to work AOK.

Then I went about figuring how to get the iMovie Video CD plugin installed. The instructions (Turning iMovies into Video CDs) said the to move the "Toast Video CD Export" into iMovie's plugin folder -- i.e., copy the file "Toast Video CD Export" into the iMovie:Resources:Plugins folder.

I couldn't find this folder and assumed it to be located in the iMovie's (Show Package Contents) Contents/Plug-ins folder. I copied the "Toast Video CD Export" to this Plug-ins folder and made sure the owner/group was as all the rest of the plug-ins. I did notice that all plugins had a file extention of ".bundle".

Launched iMovie 2.1.1 but the Toast VCD plugin was available in the Quicktime "format" pull down menu!!!!!!!

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.

[ 02-09-2002: Message edited by: Barry Sharp ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 4
    [quote]Originally posted by JW Pepper:

<strong>I have just tried out the export to quicktime/ Toast VCD Pal option in iMovie and the quality of the VCD has improved. The difference it quite astonishing, the old VCD was so poor, it was an embarisment, now it is really good.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Were you running iMovie under Mac OS 9 or Mac OS X and what iMovie version were you using.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    addisonaddison Posts: 1,185member
    OSX and iMovie 2.1 encoding for PAL 25FPS