Motorla CEO says Apple Smartphone inevitable

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/09...hone/index.php

Quote:

Many industry analysts have said that Apple should develop its own smart phone. Speculation within the Macintosh community about an Apple branded phone have persisted for several years, but in its first foray into the mobile market, Apple instead chose to partner with Motorola.

I'm a smartphone proponent. Apple could do this easily but they need to have it focused on the right areas. It doesn't have to be everything to everyone but rather the iLife of phones.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    And I REALLY hope they wouldn't limit it to one carrier.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Is Zander simply speculating or does he really know something? If Apple do it, it will need to have Applications to install and a way to read documents on the go (such as word, excel, ppt, pages, keynote). It will need to be able to read email and have great calendaring/appointment funtionality with iCal and Address book (not that I think Apple won't make sure it happens). A great screen is desirable.

Let's see what happens...

Here's to a phone done right8)
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Um...isn't this the same idiot that said something to the effect of "The nano is crap. Who the hell has 1000 songs to listen to?!"
  • Reply 4 of 5
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    He is trying VERY HARD to kill his own product.

"Hey all you mac fans out there. See what we made. A phone with iTunes almost as elegant as your iPod. Oh yeah it only holds 100 songs but hey, I guess you felt kind of stupid you bought that expensive iPod and realised that you only own 8 CDs like all other normal human being. And yes, Apple is probably releasing a smart phone soon but hey you want the ROKR instead because, as you know, Motorola is making much better products than Apple. For our products is much more complex to use while at the same time can much less. And hey, just look at our design and dare tell me we don´t make the slickest products in the industry8)"

"R Y down wit tat?"
  • Reply 5 of 5
    alexluftalexluft Posts: 159member
    The statement made by Zander about the nano - that it's crap, etc.... - has been beaten through the sidewalk and splattered on his face... he made a joke. It was a bad one. Oh well.