Radio Section in iTunes?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've always been intrigued by the Radio section in itunes. When it iTunes first came out it was an innovative move - one click access to streaming content from a multitude of sources etc, etc....

It now strikes me as odd that the Radio feature in iTunes has remained unimproved since then. In fact, the number of stations has simply decreased overtime.

The popularity of podcasts must present an intriguing dilemna for Apple and the content providers?

Personally, I think they should revamp the radio section and make it a focal point for all streaming radio content from as many broadcasters that agree. But, then again, that does hand the gateway to Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Yeah, that'd be nice, but it ties you down to your computer or your home stereo (using Airtunes through an Airport Express). It's not helpful to Apple's main strategy.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I use RadioLover to record my favourite British radio streams at night or while I'm at work. Then I can pop them onto my mini and play it in the car or while out walking.