Forgotten PowerBook.

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Just two weeks ago this and other Apple forums were bustling with rumors and speculations about expected PowerBook update or at least a speed bump. But after the great disappointment of the Paris Expo, where no new hardware came out it seems like the topic died out. No new rumors. No new speculations. Nothing. Just this sneaky introduction of new Minis which is not only uninteresting to me personally, but also not significant technologically. Does that mean that Apple really thinks they can ride through the December shopping season on their current lineup of notebooks? Does lack of discussion mean that Apple?s fans have given up on PBs for now?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Rather than forgotten, I can think of other words to describe how many here feel about the lack of a PB upgrade. For me, it's "exhausted".

Apple is probably caught between a rock and a hard place. Not enough of an improvement to upgrade but having to wait till Jan(?) to announce Intel PB's.

I'd still like to see some kind of upgrade in October. But I suppose my enthusiasm has dampened since every frickin rumour has not panned out!

But mostly because I received a new 15" PB from work.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I don't know what's going to happen to PowerBooks other than to say that it may wait until January. Whether it's significant or not, this will coming January will mark the fifth anniversary of the Titantium, which is still considered a landmark product.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    Quote:

Originally posted by satchmo

... other words to describe how many here feel about the lack of a PB upgrade. For me, it's "exhausted". ...

Exhausted is right. Everything that could be said has been said many times.