Syncing iTunes Libraries

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey,

I have a G5 and a PowerBook with the same iTunes libraries. I would like to automatically sync one with the other as one gains a new song. Right now I'm connecting them together via FW 800 and I drag over the new artist folder and the iTunes data files found in the iTunes file under music. If I have multiple updates I just drag the whole iTunes folder over (takes a bit as I have upwards of 2000 songs). I'd like to network the two with FW 800 (as I've been doing) and just press a button and synchronize the two.

My question: are there any programs or terminal commands that can do this?

Thanks,

iChase

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    agiagi Posts: 13member
    I do this with You Synchronize.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    I do this at home by having all computers point to the same shared networked volume - but it doesn't work if you're taking that PowerBook off the network.

Hmm. I can think of a couple ways to do it involving rsync and some shell scripting, but it's not really trivial.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Syncotunes is / was an excellent application but I've been having problems since moving over to Tiger.

Syncotunes analyses both libraries, check for discrepancies and then transfer files between the two. I can't make it work - as I understand it the author is planning an update.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Syncotunes sounds cool. I'll look out for the update. Thanks guys