Dual core Xeon unleashed.... New PM on the 12th?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I thought it was intesting that Intel released dual core xeon earlier than expect and right before the special apple event on the 12th.... Perhaps, early release for Apple?...

here's a link:

http://yahoo.reuters.com/financeQuot...0402719_newsml

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

will cost $1,043 each in bulk quantities

I don't think PowerMacs need to go up in price.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Nope, there will not be any Intel macs until well into next year. If they release a new Pro level Intel Powermac whats going to run on it? No pro video/music/graphics Apps are ready (well maybe Apple's are) and wont be for some time. Its a cool idea but not very likely......

Edit; oh yeah, and they cost a RIDICULOUS amount!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bitemymacbitemymac Posts: 1,147member
    yup....pricing would kill the consumers. Maybe SJ gets some special deal as an early adopter. One thing for sure is that dual core from intel didn't improved much for P4. Maybe Xeon would see more benefit as a 64bit version? It would be nice if any of the PC sites can review or compare this chip against the AMD X'2 series. Intel in the desktop chip market have been #2 for awhile in performance following AMD.

BTW, I saw some rumor sites posting pictures of Quad pentium 4 at 2.8GHz running OS X. Could it be dual dual core xeons? Whatever it is, hope it'll get cheaper and faster in the long run.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by bitemymac

I thought it was intesting that Intel released dual core xeon earlier than expect and right before the special apple event on the 12th.... Perhaps, early release for Apple?...

Of course not. What will you run on this? Dashboard, Mail and Safari?