Freehand documents wont open

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Some times when trying to open Freehand documents I have saved on my USB disc it says that they are not a freehand document and can't be opened. It does not do this with documents saved on the hard drive. How can I stop this and most importantly is there a way I can open my work that currently will not open. I am using OS 10.3.9 and using freehand 11.0.2 Thank you in advance for your help

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    are your privlegdes right? what is the file extension? :-) try opening it with textedit
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Yeah i have full access, some have the extention .fh11 others dont have a extention at all, I've tryed opening it in text editor but its all a load of crazzy stuff to me, it doesn't use letters, thank you for your help!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    This may be a silly question, but what version of FreeHand are you using to open these docs? FreeHand 11 (er, MX) files will not open with FreeHand 10...

mg
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by micahgartman

This may be a silly question, but what version of FreeHand are you using to open these docs? FreeHand 11 (er, MX) files will not open with FreeHand 10...

mg

I'm using studio MX 2004 so freehand 11 with the latest updates to make it 11.0.2