iPod 5G to save photos from digital camera?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
hey all,

i believe that with the iPod Photo there was a third party accessroy that read the flash memory cards from Digital Cameras so that you could save them to your iPod [all without a computer in sight].

Does this, or will this, accessory work on the 5G iPod?

Im planning on getting a new iPod within the next week. Later on this year we'll be going overseas and i'd love to be able to save some of my photos onto my iPod, so that i can take more.

Hope it all makes sense,

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    johnrpjohnrp Posts: 357member
    It should do it is on the ipod pages as one of the accessories.

It was made for the photo iPod by apple, I will check when my 5g gets here :-)

j.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    please do, and please let me know.

i'll come back and check here.

also, which colour have you chosen?

i cant make up my mind between white and black!

also, do you know how good the case it comes with is? Does it protect the screen? If it's pretty good then i might go for the black....

thanks
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by spiers69

hey all,

i believe that with the iPod Photo there was a third party accessroy that read the flash memory cards from Digital Cameras so that you could save them to your iPod [all without a computer in sight].

Does this, or will this, accessory work on the 5G iPod?

Im planning on getting a new iPod within the next week. Later on this year we'll be going overseas and i'd love to be able to save some of my photos onto my iPod, so that i can take more.

Hope it all makes sense,

thanks

Spiers the topic of downloading digital pictures without a computer comes up regularly on dpreview.com and fredmiranda.com. You might want to do a search on those sites. People have report that using the iPod does work but file transfer is slow and it really drains the battery.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    thanks for that.

not a lot of information is availble. In a few weeks we'll know, when people have got their new iPods and the 3rd party accessories start coming out.