Mighty Mouse Bug

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi Everyone, I have noticed a bug with the mighty mouse buttons, i'm not sure if it is just an isolated case or if anyone else has had the same problems.

The side buttons on my mouse are set up for expose (f9) some times when clicking left button i have accidentally pressed the side buttons and invoked expose. I can left click on to a window, but after that neither left or right click work. The Track ball click works and so does the side button click all the running programs seem fine. The only way to solve the problem is to shut down and restart. It really bugs me when this happens.

It usually happens when I am holding left button down and repositioning mouse, as I grip the mouse the side buttons activate.

Any ideas

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    If the problem is repeatedly happening and then once your restart, completely stops, then you are mostly likely looking at a software issue. I'd bet it's something with sensor excitation. It maybe that the sensors in the mouse have a certain threshhold that has to be reached before actuating a button "CLICK."

If this is the case, then it would be nice if Apple would put sensitivity levels on this marvel. My mighty is doing ok, except when I left-click it might not understand that I mean left click, so I readjust my hand, so that only my right-click finger is touching the top-portion.

I think my sensors are calibrated to low, not enough sensitivity.

If anyone can shed further light here, that would be cool.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Long Story short, check Apple's site for updates, and hound them about the problem in their forums.

www.apple.com/support/
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I've been using the MM on a PB at work, but have moved it to a G5 iMac at home and just set it up. I have the Right Button set to a normal right button and pressing the roller ball set to Expose and have left the side buttons to "Button 4"

Found that pressing the left side button only results in Back on Safari and the right side button alone is Forward. Better than at work where pressing both brought up the calculator.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    I saw this in an Apple store just after they came out. When I grasped the mouse by the sides to lift it and move it then the screen slightly dimmed and pretty much locked up. I could move the cursor but nothing else worked. I tried restarting the Finder to no avail. It needed a restart.