New Apple Store Features

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just priced out a Quad PowerMac and noticed that system prices and the select menus recompute the system price in realtime. Switch to an option that reads "... [Add $100]" and in a second the sidebar will update, hi-lighting the change and updating the total price. The menu will then update so that your previous option will read "... [Subtract $100]". Nice!

Nothing like a little javascript to improve the shoppin' experience.

Anyone else see something new? Comments on this feature?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    That's been going on for a while at other online stores such as the HP store...very nice feature though...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's been there for a few weeks or months even. I brought it up a few weeks ago, and everyone said it had been there for a while.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

It's been there for a few weeks or months even. I brought it up a few weeks ago, and everyone said it had been there for a while.

Really? Doh! Sounds like I need to shop on the Apple Online Store more.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Although this post on Daring Fireball seems to support my claim that it's a new feature. They always had an "Update Total" button, but now its dynamic and "flashy".
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

Although this post on Daring Fireball seems to support my claim that it's a new feature. They always had an "Update Total" button, but now its dynamic and "flashy".

...and useful...especially for those people who don't like to add numbers in their head...
  • Reply 6 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Xool

I don't know about those radio buttons - I don't see them in my store. But the auto-update has definitely been there for at least several weeks. I configure Macs all the time and almost click the purchase button.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

I don't know about those radio buttons - I don't see them in my store. But the auto-update has definitely been there for at least several weeks. I configure Macs all the time and almost click the purchase button.

WOW -- I am not the only one!!! with any good luck, nesxt year at this time I will have the cash in hand to get a PB (hopefully intel), display and other toys....but the wait is a killer