Logitech Trackman Wheel and Cordless Trackman Wheel

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I currently have the Logitech Trackman Wheel WITH cord attached to my system here at home. I LOVE this trackball. I've been using one of these things for as long as I can remember. I have an extra one still in its packaging under the bed just in case!

I just bought a new desk that is screaming for wireless. I have an Apple wireless keyboard BT and I love it as well. I now want to switch to the Cordless Trackman Wheel (I know it's not bluetooth, but USB RF will have to do).

My question: Are these two products the SAME size? I mean EXACTLY the same. The Trackman Wheel fits like a glove for my hand. I think I remember trying the cordless version a long time back and feeling like it was bigger. Might have just been my imagination, though.

Seems like none of the local retailers have it in stock, so I thought I'd post to see if anyone owned both products and could compare and share experiences with them on the Mac as well. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by adamrao View Post

I currently have the Logitech Trackman Wheel WITH cord attached to my system here at home. I LOVE this trackball. I've been using one of these things for as long as I can remember. I have an extra one still in its packaging under the bed just in case!

I just bought a new desk that is screaming for wireless. I have an Apple wireless keyboard BT and I love it as well. I now want to switch to the Cordless Trackman Wheel (I know it's not bluetooth, but USB RF will have to do).

My question: Are these two products the SAME size? I mean EXACTLY the same. The Trackman Wheel fits like a glove for my hand. I think I remember trying the cordless version a long time back and feeling like it was bigger. Might have just been my imagination, though.

Seems like none of the local retailers have it in stock, so I thought I'd post to see if anyone owned both products and could compare and share experiences with them on the Mac as well. Thanks!

I too have loved the Trackman wheel, but now that I'm going Bluetooth, I'm disappointed that Logitech has chosen to remain behind the curve. I want to be able to carry my trackball in my backpack and use it portably without plugging anything in.

Yes, I'm getting a little spoiled...
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    My impression, from my logitech mouse, is that their wireless is better than bluetooth. BT mice seem slow and have more lag compared to my logitech mouse. So I wouldn't say they are behind.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

My impression, from my logitech mouse, is that their wireless is better than bluetooth. BT mice seem slow and have more lag compared to my logitech mouse. So I wouldn't say they are behind.

Yes, I was choosing to ignore that little problem. I figured that was the case, but then again, they do have one BT mouse on the market already. I (and at least a few others) want an input device that can sit on my lap or on one spot on my desk, rather than a mouse which requires a flat surface and more real estate.

To reiterate: I am a little spoiled...