Final Cut Suite/MPEG-2 Problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hey all,

For some reason, when I try to export from FCP 5, the option to export as MPEG2 is no longer there. All of the other options still are available -- but not MPEG2.

I tried reinstalling Quicktime/DVD Studio Pro but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm in the middle of a project, so I'd rather not reinstall the FC Suite.

thx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by wilco

Hey all,

For some reason, when I try to export from FCP 5, the option to export as MPEG2 is no longer there. All of the other options still are available -- but not MPEG2.

I tried reinstalling Quicktime/DVD Studio Pro but no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm in the middle of a project, so I'd rather not reinstall the FC Suite.

thx

What changes have you made since the last time the MPEG-2 export option worked?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

What changes have you made since the last time the MPEG-2 export option worked?

Thanks for the reply, but it had been a while since I needed MPEG, so it's impossible to say what has changed.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    Unfortunately, as of FCP5, Apple removed the option to export MPEG2 via Quicktime Export. Compressor 2 is now handling all MPEG2 compression.

Its too bad really, it was nice to be able to quickly export MPEG2 when extra options or batch encode were not needed.

Also, it would really have been nice to know if it is Compressor 2 or Quicktime 7 that is making transcoding slow...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 4fx

Unfortunately, as of FCP5, Apple removed the option to export MPEG2 via Quicktime Export. Compressor 2 is now handling all MPEG2 compression.

Its too bad really, it was nice to be able to quickly export MPEG2 when extra options or batch encode were not needed.

Also, it would really have been nice to know if it is Compressor 2 or Quicktime 7 that is making transcoding slow...

Thanks for the reply, but I just got off of my friend's computer, and he is able to export MPEG 2 out of FCP5 and Quicktime.