Is Roxio Toast better than I tunes for burning cd's?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I'm getting a little frustrated burning cd's with I tunes as the burned disc was being copied in reverse, or a shuffle format even though I hadn't changed antthing in setting up. I'm looking into buying Roxio's Toast 7 to do this as I load up my I tunes library and make backup copies of my favorite cd's in preperation for transfering to my I pod video when Apple decides to ship it to me. Anyway is Toast worth buying for $99? Thank You.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Sounds like you have a playlist sorted differently before you burn it. But I dunno, every CD I burn in iTunes is fine.

I make a mix CD every year that I give out as a gift to friends. I use iTunes to make the master and then I mass produce it in Toast. I also make the album art manually, prototyping it in OmniGraffle and creating it Photoshop.

The 2005 CD is hot!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Also, I can say that these CDs have led to new CD sales for the artists on the mix. If I didn't introduce my friends to some of the tracks they would not have purchased the full albums.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    i also make some pretty mad mixed CDs. Dance music (different forms) for parties... this party is gonna go off, im sure (assuming the weather doesn't screw up)

as for recording, i've found that iTunes isn't as good as Toast or Jam. Frequently i get errors, but that could be connected to having only 256mb of RAM.

BTW, Jam is great app for mixing tracks (crossfades... nothing too fancy) WITHOUT altering the original file. It recognises mp3s & AACs (probably others too, but these are all i've got)