idiotic article

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hi all,

first post. Anyway, I found this article which I believe is the worst article written on OS X: http://www.divisiontwo.com/articles/MacMini2.html

I love how he tried to install Office 2003 on his Mac, and he claims OS X is a watered-down OS comparable to Windows CE. Hiliarious.

-E

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    It is a fake article. Its been around for about a year and people are always fooled.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenatek

It is a fake article. Its been around for about a year and people are always fooled.

Then shame on me.

• Reply 3 of 6
    kaiwaikaiwai Posts: 246member
    Quote:

Originally posted by zenatek

Its not a fake article, its a satirical spoof; look at the rest of the website, its the equivilant of "Landover Baptist" and "Worlds Best Christian".
  • Reply 4 of 6
    zenatekzenatek Posts: 203member
    Yes sorry it is infact an article.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    jedhajedha Posts: 24member
    I love it.. and.. it's a good article
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jedha

I love it.. and.. it's a good article

Do you really want us to have to go through it point-by-point and refute all the ridiculous claims? "no way to connect a printer"? Did this guy miss USB? And he's never seen a DVI port?

Here's my second favorite part, and a dead giveaway that it's fake: "Mail, which is like a stripped-down email client that can?t execute scripts or open attachments without user intervention."

This behavior is one of the biggest ways M$ users get viruses. And for some of his other points: OS X has no registry to clean, no viruses to protect against, automatically defrags the hard drive, etc, etc, etc.

And my favorite part of all: "a good deal of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter, Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are available for the Mac platform"