Fedex delivery from apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey guys,

My package tracker widget just told me that my brand new powerbook and ipod are both on their way to my lovely little home. Problem is, I'll be at work all day. Does Fedex leave packages like that, or does someone need to be there to sign for them? I'd really love it if they were just there when I got back home. Quite a treat...

Thanks!

-flinch13

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    In my experience, Apple requires a signature. I'd leave a note with your signature and instructions where to leave it. Then tell me your address so I know where they'll be.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    they require a person there to sign it, and even if you are there, they may go to wrong door(even if your package tells them what door to go to), do a quick knock, not wait and run away, I have had this happen, even seeing them pull away and had to call fex ex and yell at em.

UPS on the other hand has almost always left stuff behind, outside in the rain, on the lawn, near a shrub....

• Reply 3 of 5
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    You need to sign for them. Either they'll leave a note saying that the package was left with a neighbour, or they'll take it to the nearest storage depot.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    By me they just leave everything by the front door, regardless of if it requires a signature or not.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    mattyjmattyj Posts: 898member
    Ouch.