Website download software

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am looking for a program that will download entire websites. It doesn;t need to be very powerful or anything like that. I also don;t plan on doing it in a way that would bring servers down. It is just a small site.

Free is, of course, necessary.

Also, on another note, is it illegal to use one of these to download a site off of the archive.org. It is just another small site which my boss lost when his computer crashed five years ago and he never renewed the hosting so it was all lost.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jwink3101

I am looking for a program that will download entire websites. It doesn;t need to be very powerful or anything like that. I also don;t plan on doing it in a way that would bring servers down. It is just a small site.

Free is, of course, necessary.

Also, on another note, is it illegal to use one of these to download a site off of the archive.org. It is just another small site which my boss lost when his computer crashed five years ago and he never renewed the hosting so it was all lost.

Deep Vacuum

Also... archive.org may not have the 'whole site'... they usually only index selected top level pages. images and/or other components may be missing, depending on the file structure. YMMV
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Thanks for the link. Like i said, it is a small site and i don;t thinkit goes more then two pages deep.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    IE for mac will allow you to download a "site" ... start from a page and it will let you select how many levels deep you want it to download for linked pages. You can also choose to exclude images and/or audio if you wish.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    i've used webgrabber with good results.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/12927
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by KingOfSomewhereHot

IE for mac will allow you to download a "site" ... start from a page and it will let you select how many levels deep you want it to download for linked pages. You can also choose to exclude images and/or audio if you wish.

But it's IE... so you'll need to wash your hands afterwards.