What's a good inkjet for the iMac G5?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Looking to do light work in general printing and some photos...any recommendations?

Canon, Epson, Lexmark?

Would like to stay under $100 ideally $75. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Epson Photo 200
  • Reply 2 of 5
    They're all pretty much the same at the low end. Get the ones with the cheapest ink cartridges. I think Canon wins here.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Hey there,

I have an iMac, and recently bought a photo printer - Canon ip5000. Basically I read a lot of printer reviews from Zdnet.com - the printer is pretty darn good! It prints real quick and the quality of text, photos and graphics is very good. Hmmm... oh be sure to also check out the Canon MP 760/780, they're pretty nice as well (though more expensive because they're multi-function).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Unless you are printing photos, there is no good inkjet for ANY computer. I would recomend a cheap laser printer such as the Brother HL-1440. That is the one I own, I bought it for about $200, and there are ones as cheap as about $130. I recomend using MySimon (www.mysimon.com) to find the lowest price before you buy. The laser printers also have high capacity toner options which save money on type of already cheaper and more effiecent opperating costs than inkjet.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to buy a Canon ip4200, an Editor's Choice at several computer magazines.