Stupid data paranoia, anyone who owns Lost Season 1 Ep1

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just bought my 5G 30GB iPod and a TV show to go with it, Lost Season 1 Premiere [Pilot, Part1]. Does anyone else get a slight sound skip at 36:23? Can someone check for me?

I know this is absolutely anal and probably a waste of a topic, but I get seriously concerned that Apple doesn't error check their stuff when I'm downloading media from the iTMS. This kind of stuff is exactly why I hate owning media and would rather rent it, because I am so stupidly aware of every little flaw and it knaws at me.

I love my 5G by the way, although the blacks aren't exactly accomodating towards darker TV shows. I think they use cheap LCDs; if you stare really close you can see many tiny green "half" dead pixels, some more prominent than others. Nothing critical, just an observation (my iMac G5 has them too).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    yeah there's a slight skip. no big deal.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    jonejone Posts: 102member
    Eh, as long as it's an official skip.8) Wonder if the DVD does it. Anyone else abnormally nuts about data integrity?

PS: Is there any way to have videos that you've already watched remove themselves from the iPod after a sync? These things eat up a lot of space.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    A little prozac might help with that.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by JonE

Eh, as long as it's an official skip.8) Wonder if the DVD does it. Anyone else abnormally nuts about data integrity?

PS: Is there any way to have videos that you've already watched remove themselves from the iPod after a sync? These things eat up a lot of space.

Why not setup a smart playlist that only includes videos files with playcount 0, and have your iPod autosync with that playlist?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    I'm that way too! At least about music... I got into a very minor scuffle with Apple over an Arcade Fire track that had a beep and a skip just at the best part. They came through in the end.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    My problem with it is the video is so damn dark, I cant see anything eccept an occasional torch...