What Devices are there for PC Card readers for powerbooks?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I recently purchased a 12 in powerbook and i now need wireless broadband for my laptop cuz i am always on the road. I was looking into Cingulair or verizon. My delima is my powerbook doesnt have a PC Card slot. Im assuming there has to be some type of external pc card reader or soemthing that could work with my mac to use a PC Card. Please, someone let me know what i can do, I dont want to wind up buying a PC laptop for one need. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    Quote:

Originally posted by fedfire154

I recently purchased a 12 in powerbook and i now need wireless broadband for my laptop cuz i am always on the road. I was looking into Cingulair or verizon. My delima is my powerbook doesnt have a PC Card slot. Im assuming there has to be some type of external pc card reader or soemthing that could work with my mac to use a PC Card. Please, someone let me know what i can do, I dont want to wind up buying a PC laptop for one need. Thanks

There is hope. This is the only USB Cardbus slot that I have come across. It's geared towards people using it with CompactFlash->Cardbus type adapters, but they say it'll read any cardbus card.

http://www.expansys-usa.com/product.asp?code=109293