pc to mac

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
i currently have a pc and am awaiting the switch to intel b4 switching to an apple but i was wandering is it possible to run a mac operating system on a pc

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    You certainly cannot run the PPC version and apple will do everything in its power (for now) to keep it that way with x86.

There has been some hacks of the developer pre-release but apple has been trying to stop it. My guess is that there will be some hacked x86 OSX version but apple will keep trying to break it.

There is a lot of debate about whether or not Apple will eventually make OSX for all computers but i am staying out of it.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    It is possible, using an emulator (Pear PC), but it's fiddly to set up and isn't very fast, even on high end PCs. If you have a really high end PC it might be worth a try, but you'll also need Mac OS X. Naturally, a real Mac is still the best way to try out Mac OS.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mrsinmrsin Posts: 163member
    Quote:

Originally posted by WihteApple17

i currently have a pc and am awaiting the switch to intel b4 switching to an apple but i was wandering is it possible to run a mac operating system on a pc

I made the switch this past Sept. 4th, I still have my Windows XP PC, but am so thrilled I made the switch . I did not wait for the switch to Intel, but cannot imagine being any happier with my iBook G4 14" than I have been since the day I got it? I am curious though, why are you waiting for the switch to Intel? If I had known how thrilled I was going to be with my iBook, I would have made the switch YEARS ago ! Why do I still have the Windows desktop PC? My grandson is playing on it as I compose this post on my iBook . I agree with Stoo, the best way to experience the Mac operating system is on a Mac!