Word x.V is horrible CPU hog

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I would like to know whether other Office users experience same CPU hog problem with Word. My word eats all possible CPU time available on my PB G4 400. Excel and Powerpoint don't use more than 30% of CPU. It is rather like 15% average.

It is very hard to move any floating pallet, not to mention document windows. It uses average 15% of CPU even when it is idling. I cannot understand this.

Please help me on this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    ybotybot Posts: 329member
    [quote]Originally posted by mastermind:

<strong>I would like to know whether other Office users experience same CPU hog problem with Word. My word eats all possible CPU time available on my PB G4 400. Excel and Powerpoint don't use more than 30% of CPU. It is rather like 15% average.

It is very hard to move any floating pallet, not to mention document windows. It uses average 15% of CPU even when it is idling. I cannot understand this.

Please help me on this.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well Word v.X uses anywhere from 27-35% of the CPU when it's in use and 0-9% when it's idle. I'm on a PB G4 550 w/ 512mb of ram.

-Y
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Disable the "check spelling as you type" and grammar too. That's what's probably eating your CPU cycles; it's a common problem.