DVD Studio Pro....this is weird

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
So I was installing DVD Studio Pro and it gets up to 98% completion with about 10 minutes left.....and stays there. I had that on the screen for 30 minutes. My computer wasn't frozen or anything but it just wouldn't say it was complete. I finally foreced quit installer and ejected the disc and tried again. Same thing. I ejected it again and looked in my applications folder and DVD Studio was there and I opened it and it seems to be working. Ever heard of anything like this? I know I won't be using everything this program can do but is it possible I'll be missing part of it? Can it install 98% of a program? I'm a little confused as to why it wouldn't say it was complete. Any ideas appreciated.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    maccrazymaccrazy Posts: 2,658member
    Quote:

Originally posted by novice1111

So I was installing DVD Studio Pro and it gets up to 98% completion with about 10 minutes left.....and stays there. I had that on the screen for 30 minutes. My computer wasn't frozen or anything but it just wouldn't say it was complete. I finally foreced quit installer and ejected the disc and tried again. Same thing. I ejected it again and looked in my applications folder and DVD Studio was there and I opened it and it seems to be working. Ever heard of anything like this? I know I won't be using everything this program can do but is it possible I'll be missing part of it? Can it install 98% of a program? I'm a little confused as to why it wouldn't say it was complete. Any ideas appreciated.

Try repairing permissions doing another restart and installing the latest OS and then install again. It may just have completed the install but not updated properly. If it works it's probably ok though.