Anyone own a Razer Diamondback?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm thinking of buying one and the two different models seem to be differently priced, though the only apparent difference is the case. In the case of the translucent red one, I'm worried that the clear housing looks like something that you could get fingerprints on, like the clear and black Apple Pro Mice. I HATE fingerprints on alectronics with a passion, and am currently leaning towards the green one, though it's a bit more expensive. Can anyone with one of these mice comment on the figerprintyness factor?

Alternatively, I've heard bad things about the Copperhead's Mac compatability--apparently, USB Overdrive doesn't work with it. Can anyone confirm this, because if it's not true, then I'm rushing out and buying it instead of the Diamondback right away.

edit: nicked the post button with my thumb

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sladuuch

edit: nicked the post button with my thumb

...You really do need a new mouse
  • Reply 2 of 5
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Get a Logitech G5. Christ, a much better mouse.

Or an MX510 if your budget is lower. I have an MX510 and absolutely love it.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Get a Logitech G5. Christ, a much better mouse.

Or an MX510 if your budget is lower. I have an MX510 and absolutely love it.

Nope, not for me. I don't like the sculpted enclosure because I tend to manipulate the mouse with my fingertips and sculpted mice don't suite me well.

I'm thinking about the Razer Pro, which is basically the same but with a rougher white top. In this case, the only issue is the side buttons. How easy are they to use, cos I'm gonna be using them pretty much constantly.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    yes, i have two razer mice. a diamondback and a copperhead. i have the painted diamondback one with the color-shifting paint. they're really not very fingerprinty at all. the buttons are matte texture and the painted surfaces i don't touch much with my hands. these are VERY good mice. precise, too, for graphics work. although you have to fiddle a bit to find a good sensitivity setting. had a guy over here once and LITERALLY could not use the mouse. it would shoot from one side of the screen to the other constantly. haha. i use my fingers to mouse and use very small motions.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I have one of those Logitech Laser mice, although mine in the MX1000 or something.

It's a piece of crap. It's extremely large, heavy, and is terrible for low-speed, high sensitivity jobs (such as graphics design or 3D modeling). In fact, it's such a piece of garbage that I went back to the MX500 that it was supposed to replace, and use the MX1000 on a different computer. One which isn't used as much for design work.

Switching topics slightly, having read the Razer website I am a bit confused as to the benefits of the "16bit datapath" when USB has is a fixed speed serial, especially if, as they say, in Mac OS X it's trivial to raise the USB sampling rate. In other words the mouse advertising the 16bit datapath is pretty much tailored to use Windows XP.