Flu

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I am sick. Really, really, annoyingly sick. Apparently, I'm only the beginning.

Discovery Channel covers deathly flu. The news reports possible pandemics. Vaccines. Flu shots. Chicken soup.

It's safe to to say, we're doomed. And phlegmy.

I'm in Miami and the weather isn't exactly forcing us to get inside and infect one another (yet I'm sick). What are the rest of you hearing around the world about the flu/SARS/impending doom?

So while I blow my nose and slather my powerbook in microscopic snot, I pray you are well, uncongested, and less bitter than me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    I sterilize from the inside! =)
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ...um...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Anthrax, smallpox, SARS, West Nile..... now bird flu. What other "imminent threat" is the media going to scare us with?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    ricksbrain : if you are in good shape read under 70 years, without major illness, your life is not threatened by flu.

But you will have to face one week of fever and weakness.

BTW like every year I had my flu shot. As a doctor I see too many people, and I don't want to lose one week in my bed.

Good luck, and quick recovery
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by bborofka

Anthrax, smallpox, SARS, West Nile..... now bird flu. What other "imminent threat" is the media going to scare us with?

I wonder what the cumulative worldwide death toll is from these recent "outbreaks." To me its just more media embellishment to scare the public.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    tednditedndi Posts: 1,921member
    I run a virus scan and then delete any files that are suspect.