Motorola 815 phone: What apps can I use to connect to it using OS X?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just got a Motorola 815 phone. I need a OS X app that will let me connect to it so I can download a NY Giants background pic and some other stuff.

Are there any apps available for this that run in OS X?

Thanks to all who answer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Has it got bluetooth? If so, you don't need any apps, you can just use OSX on its own provided your computer has bluetooth. Very easy to sync and send files to my Sony Ericsson.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G_Warren

Has it got bluetooth? If so, you don't need any apps, you can just use OSX on its own provided your computer has bluetooth. Very easy to sync and send files to my Sony Ericsson.

Verizon locks down the 815, it has limited if any syncing capabilities. they say "bluetooth is for hands free" they want you to use their network and pay the big $$ to do anything data-wise.

Unlocking is possible but it requiers windows and a special cable...that is all I will say without violating forum rules...

PS: GOOGLE is your friend here.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

I don't have bluetooth. I'm using a sawtooth running 10.4.3.

When you say you can send files via bluetooth, does that mean you can send background pics?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

Unlocking is possible but it requiers windows and a special cable...that is all I will say without violating forum rules...

I can´t imagine it being illegal to change the soft- or firmware on hardware that you own. So post away. Its a dirty trick by Verizon anyway...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by sc_markt

I don't have bluetooth. I'm using a sawtooth running 10.4.3.

When you say you can send files via bluetooth, does that mean you can send background pics?

You can send any files you like. On my K750i I can send pictures, and it will put them in the correct place so you can use them as screen pics, same with MP3s etc. It sucks that US carriers limit the functionality of your phone - I couldn't live without bluetooth now - I sync my address book and calendar, send texts using Address Book and use MP3s from my computer as ringtones.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Quote:

You can send any files you like. On my K750i I can send pictures, and it will put them in the correct place so you can use them as screen pics, same with MP3s etc. It sucks that US carriers limit the functionality of your phone - I couldn't live without bluetooth now - I sync my address book and calendar, send texts using Address Book and use MP3s from my computer as ringtones.

I went out and bought a d-link dbt 120 usb bluetooth adapter and to my surprise, it worked. I sync'd my contact list up to my computer and my calender down to my phone. I cannot transfer files or photos due to Verizon disabling those functions but, I can transfer a photo via email to my phone or back to my computer but it costs a little for each email.

Off topic but in case anybody is interested in the E815, I highly recommend it.