Real media plugin for QuickTime 7

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Does anyone know where I can get a plugin for QuickTime that will allow me to play Real media content in QuickTime and/or convert Real media to either MPEG or MOV so I can play it in QuickTime?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by troberts

Does anyone know where I can get a plugin for QuickTime that will allow me to play Real media content in QuickTime and/or convert Real media to either MPEG or MOV so I can play it in QuickTime?

This is supposed to work.
  • Reply 2 of 13
    jabohnjabohn Posts: 582member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Me

Isn't that all for Windows users? I see no Mac codecs, unless there's a way to get them to work in Mac OS X.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by jabohn

Isn't that all for Windows users? I see no Mac codecs, unless there's a way to get them to work in Mac OS X.

That is correct, but that is not what troberts asked.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Quote:

Thank you for the link, but I left out the part where I am using an iBook so the application/plugin needs to be compatible with 10.4.3.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Quote:

Thank you for the link, but I left out the part where I am using an iBook so the application/plugin needs to be compatible with 10.4.3.

FWIW, the MacOS X version of RealPlayer works well.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Quote:

That , link is not working.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artanis

That , link is not working.

If you had just waited a bit rather than making random comments, it would have. It most certainly works now.
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:

If you had just waited a bit rather than making random comments, it would have. It most certainly works now.

Why do you have to be so balistic man?

It seems that for me, most certainly it doesn't work.

Also, I don't make "random comments", but I noticed some people that have accounts just to do that.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artanis

Why do you have to be so balistic man?

It seems that for me, most certainly it doesn't work.

Also, I don't make "random comments", but I noticed some people that have accounts just to do that. [/B]

Either your computer or your ISP has issues. If you are at school, the link may be blocked. Your ISP's DNS may have issues. However, the problem does not lie with codecguide.com's server. It is up and running and running well.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Quote:

FWIW, the MacOS X version of RealPlayer works well.

I have nothing against RealPlayer, it's just that I would like to keep the number of media applications to a minimum and I need QuickTime to convert content to a format I can import into iPhoto.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:

I have nothing against RealPlayer, it's just that I would like to keep the number of media applications to a minimum and I need QuickTime to convert content to a format I can import into iPhoto.

We all have our priorities, but they should be informed by reality. The minimum number of applications that you need is the minimum number of applications that will perform the tasks that you need. I have difficulty understanding the logic of wanting to play content in a particular format, but not installing the only application that can play that format because of some arbitrary self-imposed quota on media players. The purpose of your computer should be to enable your work and pleasure. It should not be some kind of ideological or religious statement at the expense of your work and pleasure.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    ibuzzibuzz Posts: 135member
    I, for one, refuse to download a media player, that will be outdated by the time the download is complete. Real media player is the worst. I don't think i have ever been able to play content in real media without downloading the
    Quote:

latest

player. It is obvious that their purpose is not to provide a media player, but to get you do go to their web site.

Now I jut don't view that content and move on.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:

Originally posted by ibuzz

I, for one, refuse to download a media player, that will be outdated by the time the download is complete. Real media player is the worst. I don't think i have ever been able to play content in real media without downloading the player. It is obvious that their purpose is not to provide a media player, but to get you do go to their web site.

Now I jut don't view that content and move on.

Yes, but I don't think that they make alot of money just because people go to their website. If u get a full version of the latest version, and that is not free, I think u will be able to play quite alot of media types for alot of time. These guys I think they are good, because if I recall right that Nokia mobile manufacturer has equiped his high-end business 6680 with real player standard.