Steve Jobs:TIME magazine Person of the Year?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
He could be! PLEASE go to TIME's home page And click on the Person of the Year link to vote. I love J.K. Rowling , but dammit, we love our Steve Jobs even more!! Show your love today!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac_Doll

but dammit, we love our Steve Jobs even more!!

No, we don't.
  • Reply 2 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I couldn't find a link at that site, but I'd vote for "Mother Nature." She has picked up her visibility in recent years. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita are her poster children, good or bad.

EDIT: Duh. Top of the page. I didn't expect Condy's picture to be next to the link. Wow. Mother Nature is actually a choice!
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Well, I love Jobs...

Mother Nature's just had some hellacious PMS this year. Bah... I'm biased...
  • Reply 4 of 12
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    There's a disturbing lack of quality choices listed. No international picks?

Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

I couldn't find a link at that site, but I'd vote for "Mother Nature." She has picked up her visibility in recent years. Hurricanes Katrina and Rita are her poster children, good or bad.

EDIT: Duh. Top of the page. I didn't expect Condy's picture to be next to the link. Wow. Mother Nature is actually a choice!

As much as "Mother Nature" dominated the news headlines this year, it's not truly a person.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

No international picks?

Harry Potter wasn't written in Kansas City, you know.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    Well, I love Jobs...

Mother Nature's just had some hellacious PMS this year. All those poor people. I donated to NORF recently.

Bah... I'm biased...
  • Reply 7 of 12
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Harry Potter wasn't written in Kansas City, you know.

<<< ---- No, but J.K. visits here quite often. She's a big fan of the Negro Leagues Museum and Gates' BBQ.

• Reply 8 of 12
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

There's a disturbing lack of quality choices listed. No international picks?

I always forget that Bono and Pope Benedict are from Columbus, Ohio.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Haha! Okay I'm an idiot.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

I always forget that Bono and Pope Benedict are from Columbus, Ohio.

Ha ha... nice one.

I'm from Ohio too. Seriously.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Quote:

As much as "Mother Nature" dominated the news headlines this year, it's not truly a person.

The award has shifted metaphorically a few times... not always a man, or even a single person...

"The Computer"

The American Soldier

The WhistleBlowers

Twenty Five and Under

U.S. Scientists

And there have been quite a few multi-person wins, usually listed as "Men of the Year" until the last few years

Of course, naming Adolph seems a bit tacky now.

And the Planet has won before
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I had a bad feeling about this; Mother Nature's going to take it... I just know it.

Poor Steve....