An ipod Battery question.

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just got a new 60 gig 5g ipod and i think i may be having a battery issue. After i got it, i charged it up and started using it. Assuming the battery indicator is correct, i lose about a quarter of the batter after only 2 hours. Thats puts me at an 8 hour battery life. I was only listening to music.

Here are what i see as the possible culprit of this. PLease let me know what you think

1) Battery indicator is innacurate

2) Something is wrong with the battery

3) It needs to be calibrated

Do you think that i should discharge the ipod and then charge it back up? I know its good to do that on a powerbook every once in a while. Luckily, it is easy to discharge the 5G iPod because you just watch video.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Number one, the battery indicater is a rough estimate and really in now way indiacates how much time is really left.

Secondly from reading some forums and some personal experience (30GB white 5G)I have found that the battery life increases after a couple of charge/discharge cycles. I haven't done any tests on my own ipod but the battery life seems to be increasing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Don't worry. The battery indicator isn't incredibly "reliable." A percentage readout would really be better.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Plus...You get 12 hours battery life assuming you have 12 hours of music playing continuously without skipping songs and with the backlight off. Also the EQ off, etc, etc.