Oh no, all hell is going to break

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
i think with this switch of cpu will be horrible bad for a while. Now i am wondering if anyone knows if the imac will be switched to intel and when, cause i would be getting one for my birthday soon, hopefully if all is good. but i want a ppc cpu, no crappy intel, amd is so much bettter.

If anyone knows the next installment of these computers.

Thank you

-----------------------+++++===--------------------------

I can't believe i fell into peer presure. Why did i do pc.

Such a horrible drug, kills millions of people.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Well, seeing how the iMac was just updated, wouldn't that mean that Apple isn't planning on switching that to Intel as soon as they might switch the Mac minis or possibly the iBooks? That seems more logical.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    is there no age qualification for this board?
  • Reply 3 of 10
    mrmistermrmister Posts: 1,095member
    Apparently not.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Hey the kid is an "Amerikan" just like the rest of you. Show some respect.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    celcocelco Posts: 211member
    Ah Canada... home of the inbred. land of the french...
  • Reply 6 of 10
    heh. no worries mate. you've got 3 months to get a nice iMac g5 ppc. fantabulous powerpc g5 chip. it rocks.

yes, i love AMD too venice core 3000+ is super value for money (overclocked from 1.8ghz stock to 2.4ghz ... easy peasy)

to answer your question, the next installment of the iMac is scheduled for roughly, April-June 2006. you can have a look at this webpage to get a feel of update frequencies for each machine.

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/
  • Reply 7 of 10
    imiloaimiloa Posts: 187member
    well, if intel imac comes before your birthday, you can probably still get the last PPC imac, and cheap. ie: used, or via clearance.

and at that point, you'll be able to compare it to the intel version, and determine whether your concerns are valid.
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Intel isn't automatically crappy. It depends on how Intel chips stack up to PowerPC chips at a given moment. Pentium 4s, especially early ones, were bad. But Pentium Ms, especially the dual-core ones showing up next year? Those are good in general.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    "I don't feed trolls and I don't read spam. . . "

It goes something like that. . .

For the thick, yes, I'm saying that this guy's a troll. Ignore.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    I think you have your answer..... locked