Firefox 1.5 Final has been released! :)

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Firefox 1.5 Final has been released. Update your browser those of you that use Firefox, gents.

www.mozilla.com

Comments

• Reply 1 of 18
    wow is it ever peppy!

back and forward are lightning fast, someithng to do with it storing pages in a buffer.. anyway its a must have!

flick.
  • Reply 2 of 18
    Yeah, it's very good. I came back to it, after using Camino for a while.

Nothing like good ol' AdBlock
  • Reply 3 of 18
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It's super duper fast on my Win PC here at work! I'm loving the RSS bookmarks!
  • Reply 4 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

Firefox 1.5 Final has been released. Update your browser those of you that use Firefox, gents.

www.mozilla.com

The first release that made me let go of my venerable old Mozilla 1.7.12 ...
  • Reply 5 of 18
    Using my windows PC at home at the moment, but, using my mac at work, it seems to be working nice and fine anyway!
  • Reply 6 of 18
    Not sure if this is related to FF, but sometimes my keyboard appears to stop working in it, until I re-start the application. Anyone else come across this?

(using apple wired KB with Tiger)
  • Reply 7 of 18
    Not a Firefox 1.5 issue, but: anyone having plugin issues with AdBlock installed? For example, if I go to beatport.com, with adblock installed, the flash doesn't display. The same is true of quicktime... viewing the aperture video on apple's site doesn't work for me.

Curses! I love adblock, but not at the expense of plugins!
  • Reply 8 of 18
    bergzbergz Posts: 1,045member
    How can I import Camino bookmarks? Firefox no longer has the option of importing from html files, and copy / paste doesn't work.

I've tried the BookIt demo but that won't let me, either.

--B
  • Reply 9 of 18
    you can manually copy your bookmarks over, from
    Code:

Library/Application\\ Support/Camino/bookmarks.xml

to
    Code:

Library/Application\\ Support/Firefox/Profiles/default.bui/bookmarks.xml

• Reply 10 of 18
    Will Camino ever be updated/made good?
  • Reply 11 of 18
    BTW, to answer my own question, Adblock has been updated to 0.5,2.056 which fixes my previous problems.

AFA Camino, I have no interest in it, as:
    • It doesn't support extensions. Adblock, Fasterfox, Translate and Web Developer Toolbar are necessities.

• It uses an older firefox code base, and as such lacks many recent features. Firefox is bleeding edge, and rock solid stable.

• Firefox is not hard on the eyes. The Mac developers have done a fantastic job of porting to OS X. It looks and feels very nice. Support for spell-check and Aqua widgets would be nice, but I can live without them.

• Camino doesn't support Downloads in tabs (and neither does Safari). Firefox does this with the Download Tweak extension.

• Camino doesn't yet support RSS feeds. Firefox does this in a way that IMHO is better than Safari.

• Reply 12 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

you can manually copy your bookmarks over, from Code:

Library/Application\\ Support/Camino/bookmarks.xml

to
    Code:

Library/Application\\ Support/Firefox/Profiles/default.bui/bookmarks.xml

Thanks for the reply, and perhaps I've misunderstood because I'm not on top of Terminal, but the Camino bookmarks seem not to be .xml but .plist. The Firefox bookmark files are .bak and .html.

I'm obviously missing something.

--B
  • Reply 13 of 18
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Is there a keyboard shortcut to navigate between Tabs?
  • Reply 14 of 18
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Maybe Tabbrowser Preferences allows for that. Check in http://addons.mozilla.org for that extension.
  • Reply 15 of 18
    Btw, if you guys want to try out G4 and G5 optimized builds, check them out here:

G4:

http://www.beatnikpad.com/firefoxG4

G5:

http://www.beatnikpad.com/firefoxG5
  • Reply 16 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

According to mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard) it's Command+Tab, which is a bit absurd.

Apart from my bookmarks question, I have other observations:

When I open a page and press the down arrow to scroll down, it takes me to the bottom of the page.

There is also no option to open new tabs in the background. That is ESSENTIAL.

--B
  • Reply 17 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by bergz

Apart from my bookmarks question, I have other observations:

When I open a page and press the down arrow to scroll down, it takes me to the bottom of the page.

This used to happen to me. I found the solution in installing a G4 optimized build. That fixed it.

Quote:

There is also no option to open new tabs in the background. That is ESSENTIAL.

--B

Check out Tabbrowser Preferences.
  • Reply 18 of 18
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gene Clean

This used to happen to me. I found the solution in installing a G4 optimized build. That fixed it.

Check out Tabbrowser Preferences.

Gene Clean: thanks for the Tabbrowser Prefs. Has some very good options, including the one I mentioned.

However, I installed DeerPark, the G4-optimized version, and the down-arrow still takes me to the bottom of the page. Very strange.

Aquatic: You can navigate Tabs using Command+1,2,3,4 etc. Not the same, but it's all I've found so far.

Anyone know how to solve the Camino bookmarks problem?

--B