New Dopes Tune

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I've been in a band called the dopes for about ten years and for the first time ever I've finally found a producer I like working with. We've only completed one song so far, but I thought I would share it. Who knows someone might actually like it!

You can download the song from my .mac page and yes it was recorded on a mac.

Thanks for listening.All Doped Up

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Do you guys have three guitar players?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I play guitar on about one third of the songs which brings us up to three guitars. That particular song is a three guitar number.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Hi there,

Interesting photos - although I'm wondering why everyone looks stoned?

Care to say why your band is called 'the Dopes'? I can't quite work it out...

Good luck and congratulations on signing (for 1 song -that's really impressive!). The website was a bit of a scattergun - I was hoping to see the lyrics page (I know I know...there must be a sad proportion of people like me who still read lyric sheets instead of listening to music...)
  • Reply 4 of 4
    That's actually just my own .mac page. You can get more information on us at this site though I don't have a lyrics page up yet.

While all the band members have at one time or another enjoyed a toke or two we actually got the name in a roundabout way. When we first started we were talking about songs we liked and I mentioned a song by a band called the tubes. The name of the song is White Punks On Dope and I said we were White Dopes on Punk. This eventually got shortened after my mother used to yell at us "Dopes" to shut up when we were jamming in my room.