Furminator (pet hair remover)

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Has anyone used one of these things? I have a dog that sheds like he has some sort of glandular problem and would love to find something to decrease the shedding. Propecia and Rogaine are out of the question.

The Furminator is supposed to remove the undercoat more effectively than regular brushes, but these "As Seen On TV" adds make me wary.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Whoa, the pets on the Furminator web-page seems suspiciously unfluffy?_(look at the golden retriever, looks as if someone used texturizing stylist scissors on them)? No doubt it probably does remove a lot of hair from your pet, I'm no veterinarian, but if you live in cold weather I could imagine this being a problem?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    It sounds violent.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Yeouch. Can you seriously morally be okay to do something like that to your pet?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    It is just a brush... albeit thorough.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Quote:

Yeouch. Can you seriously morally be okay to do something like that to your pet?

Oh. I stick mine in a bodybag. It seems to work, although the last few have died. Usually from malnutrition, neglect or physical abuse from being carried on the back of the bike. Mean things those tamagotchis
  • Reply 6 of 6
    I have considered making and marketing a full-body hair net for follicle-retention challenged mutts. Anybody want in? For a minimal investment, you could...