powerbook white spots

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Last year around this time my poor powerbook had the "White Spot" problem, and too make a very long story shot after 3 different laptop monitors apple finaly gave me one that worked. Now almost one year later my 15" powerbook has another white spot! I can't imagine going through all the haste I went though last time, and to tell you the truth I can deal with the white spot. Out of curiosity does anyone know what causes these spots so I can prevent the spot from getting worse? Also does anyone else have white spots on there powerbooks?

My screen has also developed some kind of permanent fuzzy mark almost in the center of the screen, and it is very annoying . At first I thought it was a big hunk of dust but it doesn't come off even after cleaning the screen. Does anyone know what could have caused this odd spot?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    i dunno if this helps, but it might. my friend who had an ibook (upgraded to a powerbook last year) had a sticker on teh bottom right corner of his screen for 8 months and when he decided to take it off, it left a fuzzy spot on the screen where it was. do you touch your screen a lot or put stuff on it?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    No, the only thing I can think of is maybe the screen gets pushed against the keyboard when I take it out of my laptop bag. I was taking it out by pulling it out in the center with one hand, now I try and pull it out using 2 hands at the far edges of the laptop. I don't know, It just sucks to have these marks on the screen. I have apple care and I geuss if I were to call apple they might help me out again, just don't want to deal with the mess I went though last year.

I've also been having issues with my right speaker cutting in and out from time to time after playing music for around an hour. Has anyone else had speaker problems with their powerbook?