airport forces manual reconnect after sleep

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all

Until recently I was using my 12"pb (10.3.something) and airport to access the web.

I had to reconfigure the airport to use a 5 char wep password so that i could add a windows xp laptop to the lan, at this point i also renamed the network.

Since then everytime i put the pb to sleep it fails to reconnect automatically to the airport forcing me to select the airport signal from the menu bar and select the appropriate network.

I've obviously missed something when i reconfig'd the airport but I can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    You may need to go into System Preferences/Network and set your airport to connect to a specific network of your choice. I can't say if this is the most elegant solution, but I had to do this myself when a "recent" update from Apple somehow made things screwy. My powerbook and new mini would not connect automatically, so I did this and all is well.

Hope this works for ya'.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Aye your right. If you set it to automatically join any network it starts working. As opposed to setting it to join "your" network specifically.

Thanks