iTunes Skipping over wireless

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
My iTunes is skipping, ie stops playing music for a second over my speakers. I have my Airport Express hooked up to my speakers, works fine on my other pc. In the middle of a song itunes keeps playing, but no sound out of the speakers on my stereo for a second or two.

I have a IBM Thinkpad T42. This doesn't happen with my Compaq or iBook. Any ideas? I just bought my Thinkpad.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I sometimes have the same prolem with my iMac. I have no idea what it is though.

Macaddict16
  • Reply 2 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I have the same problems

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=108065

I am trying out the suggestions there. Changed the channel to 1, so far so good...
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

I have the same problems

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=108065

I am trying out the suggestions there. Changed the channel to 1, so far so good...

Thanks I'll give that a try. Wierd that it only happens with one of my computers though.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    i had this problem for a while too. Then I noticed that it was only happening when I was running my microwave oven at the same time. Any chance that you are running into interference from some other appliances in the home?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kishan

i had this problem for a while too. Then I noticed that it was only happening when I was running my microwave oven at the same time. Any chance that you are running into interference from some other appliances in the home?

yep.

microwave ovens and most cordless phones run at a frequency of 2.4 GHz- the same frequency that AirPort runs on. These kinds of devices usually can wreak havoc on your wireless connection. I'll be listening to my music through my stereo until someone calls- then my iBook loses it's connection. One question though, how close is your computer to your microwave?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    I don´t have a microwave and the skipping occured independent of my cordless phone.

Since I changed the channel settings to stay on 1 it has been perfect.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by speed_the_collapse

yep.

microwave ovens and most cordless phones run at a frequency of 2.4 GHz- the same frequency that AirPort runs on. These kinds of devices usually can wreak havoc on your wireless connection. I'll be listening to my music through my stereo until someone calls- then my iBook loses it's connection. One question though, how close is your computer to your microwave?

I live in a studio apartment in Brooklyn, so my iBook is pretty close to my microwave... about 10 or 12 feet. Since I activated the interference robustness though, I have had little trouble with interference.