Is there a G4 iBook 14" 1.33 Ghz?

nvmnvm
Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi, I was wondering if there is such a thing as a 14" iBook, with a 1.33Ghz G4 Processor? Because the current 14" iBook has a 1.42 Ghz, right? Has Apple ever made this computer? I am being offered one for sale... but is it some strange mich-match of parts? He says it's new in the box. Thanks for any help!!

Niels

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Yes, I believe they upgraded to the 1.42 in sometime mid-summer. The 12-inch still ships with the 1.33.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NVM

Hi, I was wondering if there is such a thing as a 14" iBook, with a 1.33Ghz G4 Processor? Because the current 14" iBook has a 1.42 Ghz, right? Has Apple ever made this computer?

Yes, look here. It was just the previous generation model.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    nvmnvm Posts: 24member
    Okay, thanks guys.

So here's the offer I'm given. Someone on E-bay sold one of these with 1GB of ram, new in the box. He is now offering to sell me another for 800US, free shipping, because a dealer in London Eng is blowing them out. His conditions are I don't have to pay till I get the computer... It's a :

iBook

14"

G4

1.03 Ghz

1 GB ram

60 GB HD

Combo Drive

OS 10.3

Now, that sounds sketchy; like that's pretty cheap considering he must be making money on it, AND shipping free from england to Canada. Any feedback, Ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

Niels
  • Reply 4 of 7
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    who is this guy? i had someone from england who had an auction for a 1.67ghz powerbook for $1000 with free shipping on ebay try to con me into buying it...also how does this person want payment? the person tried to get me to use e-click-shipping, which looks like a bogus website
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

who is this guy? i had someone from england who had an auction for a 1.67ghz powerbook for $1000 with free shipping on ebay try to con me into buying it...also how does this person want payment? the person tried to get me to use e-click-shipping, which looks like a bogus website

It's not that dude. [email protected] is his email (thought I'd protect his privacy). He only seems to be offering these outdated iBooks. I'm passing though, I bought one off of Ebay.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    cj171cj171 Posts: 144member
    ah good for you, yeah, there's some people that have deals too good to be true...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by cj171

ah good for you, yeah, there's some people that have deals too good to be true...

Awesome, thanks guys. Great resourse here!