need purchasing advice... bluetooth headset

rokrok
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
okay, i just picked up a razr v3 for $75 after rebates. i love the thing. even got a chance to use a bluetooth headset with it for a day (borrowed from a friend), and realized i wanted one. planting my ear against the screen is just odd, and eventually smears up the screen with, well, ear-stuff.

so does anyone have a headset they can recommend? after tryinG one out, here are my preferences:

- must be able to go on either ear

- would like it to be capable of pairing with a d-link bluetooth adapter for use in ichat, etc.

- as good a battery life as possible

- must have an ear-hook that works well with glasses being worn simultaneously.

- obviously, good audio quality

- i THINK i'd like one with an ear-bud to aid in securing it into my ear and increasing the audio quality.

so, any advice? also, the whole v.1 vs. v.2 bluetooth thing has me confused. anyone want to explain that? if it's just a bandwidth issue, i'm not going to be transferring much more than contact info back and forth between the phone and the computer (the whole reason i wanted bluetooth was to back up ll of this information on my computer).

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    oh come on. a board full of gadget geeks, and no one has a bluetooth headset they can either praise or bury???
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    I have one. It's great to use, but it doesn't meet your criteria.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    regreg Posts: 832member
    Mine also does not meet your requirements. It is a BT250 from Jabber. Not one of the cool looking units but it works for me. As for bluetooth transferring of data it was neat the first bunch of times. The speed difference between usb and bluetooth is a lot. So when I recharge my Treo 650 I will plug in the usb for about 30 seconds to transfer everything.

reg
  • Reply 4 of 5
    justinjustin Posts: 403member
    Quote:

oh come on. a board full of gadget geeks, and no one has a bluetooth headset they can either praise or bury???

Ouch. I'm definitely not a gadget geek.

Don't have a bluetooth headset - when I checked, none were audiophile quality. Seems like they're more practical user headsets.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    I have the cheapest motorola one (Like $50) and it works great and has great battery life off of 1 AAA battery.

I mainly use it in my car while driving. Works perfect w/ my iMac G5 as an audio source too.

I wear it with sunglasses during the summer, although it's not the sexiest gadget.