Recommendations for 5G......

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I need a device that allows me to charge my 5G iPod while I listen to it in my car (car has a cassette player). The device should also have a wired remote (any remote now that I think about it) so that I can control the iPod volume, EQ settings, next track etc without actually lifting the iPod up.

A similar device is also needed when I'm out of my car as I hate having to go into my pocket to adjust the volume when its necessary.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    You'd still have to take the remote out of your pocket, unless you just let it dangle.

They do make chargers for your car, and they sell them at the Apple Store. But I've never used any so I can't really recommend anything. I also have never seen a remote for the 5G iPod, unless of course, you have it in the dock.

I imagine that you would need to get a single device that performed both functions, as both would need to use the syncing port. Interfacing the iPod with your reciever would probably be the slickest way, if it's an option.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Once again, if you are willing to forgo the remote, i know a place where you can get a good car charger for only $5. FiveBELOW sells car chargers and wall chargers and the are a really great price
  • Reply 3 of 4
    As for your car, the best way to get everything you want is to get a car stereo that conncects to your iPod. It charges while you play and all of the sound control, etc, is done on the car stereo. Many makers now produce adapters for iPods.

As for a portable thing, that would be nice, but would it be small enough?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I doubt if I would be able to interface with my car radio as my ride is a 1999 Lexus RX300 with the navigation system. The unit is integreated with everything so it's difficult to change. I saw the Auto Kit for iPod w/ Dock Connector from Belkin and it looks like some thing that I could use. It does'nt have a remote however. Is anyone here using this as yet and what are the experinces so far with it?