FedEx disappoints!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How frickin long does it take a driver to deliver a package in a small town in Virginia. Apparently seven hours and counting!!

According to their tracking, the iMac was in their local vehicle at 8:30 am this morning...it's now 3:00 pm and they've passed their delivery time.

This screws up my brother who's driving 8 hours up here to visit family. Instead, he'll now leave a day later in order to wait for the delivery.

I realize there's greater volume during the holidays, but that's why you staff up and prepare. So much for their slogan, "Relax it's FedEx"

Sorry, you've just lost a long time customer.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I've never had problems with Fedex or UPS. I just got my UPS package delivered at 4:30 though.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Well, while we're on the topic, I was soooo impressed with Apple and FedEx this christmas. I ordered an iPod 30GB (with personalized engraving) late sunday night and got it yesterday. The earliest the website said was the 27th. Awesome service. Also that's with standard shipping, I guess they're just moving everything faster right now (except, I guess, for the actual delivery guy).
  • Reply 3 of 6
    As far as I know, a package could be on the delivery truck all day. They probably only fill up their truck once per day. And they have certain routes that they go, so if you ordered something else it would end up being delivered at aproximately the same time of day. But there are many reasons why they could be either ahead or behind their schedule.

It's kind of like complaining about a public transit bus not being on schedule. Unless they scheduled a time that they would pickup each person, or deliver each package, there's no way they could guarentee that time. In fact such a system would actually slow down the delivery because they'd have to add buffer time between each package. So, instead they just say, Hey on average, the delivery truck goes through your neighborhood about this or that time.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I ordered a 2 gig black Nano from Apple for my niece (not a one to be found in town) on the evening of the 20th. I paid an extra ten bucks for second day delivery.

Through the miracle of FedEx package tracking, on the 21st I watched it leave Shenzhen, China, arrive in Anchorage and get to Connecticut; on the 22nd drop down to Montgomery, AL by way of Louisville, KY; and then arrive at my parents door in Huntsville, AL, on the morning of the 23rd.

I kept thinking, "the electronically interconnected global economy is incredibly convenient and scary".
  • Reply 5 of 6
    dude i know how bad that is, i order a imac g5 17" on christmas and they got the info and estaimed the ship date by today, but it was shipped on wednesday and wont come until JAn. 4th, 2006. what the hell, that service sucks, i can't believe this, i should have gone to the store and just by it. for goodness i live in chicago.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    mikefmikef Posts: 698member
    nm