Keynote for the Keynote

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Do you think Apple uses keynote for their keynotes? I mean, everything thats in the keynote appears to be doable in the program keynote....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Where do you think the name came from? Steve was using an internal version for several years. About 3 years ago they had been asked about it enough that they decided to make it a general release.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Although I believe he still often uses a special Steve-Only version of it. Some in the past have said, "Hey, Keynote can't do THAT. How does he do that?" He's Steve, that's how.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by CosmoNut

Although I believe he still often uses a special Steve-Only version of it. Some in the past have said, "Hey, Keynote can't do THAT. How does he do that?" He's Steve, that's how.

I can't specificly recall something specific that hes done that keynote can't done. Just curious if you have any specific examples. Keynote might have untapped capacity that we arn't aware of. I know with many softwares I have seen this is true just because the people who are developing add them little hard to access features.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Most of the time he is using new versions that have new features, mostly transitions.. builds... effects, etc. Currently he is using one that contains new 3D transitions and 3D builds. These new things usually show up when the new version comes out.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ChrisG

Most of the time he is using new versions that have new features, mostly transitions.. builds... effects, etc. Currently he is using one that contains new 3D transitions and 3D builds. These new things usually show up when the new version comes out.

Could it also be a plugin thing? you can get all kinds of after market stuff for powerpoint, maybe Keynote has the same functionality that just isnt documented or maybe not "switched on" in the public release,