new ipods and firewire

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi all,

I have been thinking about getting a new 60gig ipod and use it for a back up of my powerbook too. Since I would transfering large amounts of data I was wondering if the new ipod have firewire and if so what is it 400 or 800?

thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    it doesn't. The New iPod has USB 2.0 only. It can charge through firewire but that is where it ends. Check back in this forum. There has been a lot of talk about it.

That is actually the reason my brother bought my old 4G b/c he needed firewire (he only has USB 1.1)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    well shit
  • Reply 3 of 3
    If yuo have USB 2.0, you shouldn;t have too much of a problem. USB is actually rated faster than Firewire (but because of various stuff, it really isn;t)

Anyway, if you do not have USB 2.0, and you also do not have the 12" PB, you can get a PC card USB 2.0 adapter. If you have the 12", then you may not be able to use the ipod as a device for backups too. Just give it overnight to transfer the music and you should be set

Sorry there is nothing else i can suggest. Like i said, look at the archives as this and workarounds has been discussed extensively