Incredibly cheap Imac

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Ok, so in my search for an affordable Mac I stumbled across a link on Compusa's website. it lists the following specs for an Imac priced at 898.98. However, the item cannot be ordered online and is out of stock in every store I have checked (by providing a zipcode).

anyway, here's the specs:

iMac G5 Desktop

PowerPC G5 2GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, 160GB Hard Drive, 8X DVD+/-RW SuperDrive, Built-in 17-inch LCD Monitor, Mac OS X Tiger v10.4

Now, the site doesn't list anything about the unit being a refurb and doesn't list any special rebates in order to get this pricing. Is this weird or what??

Oh, and if you want to check it out yourself, here's the link.

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...852&pfp=SEARCH

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Was there ever a 2GHz 17" iMac G5?

If so, this is definitely an earlier revision model that they're trying to get rid of. It may have been part of one of those "insane early-morning deals" that some stores have every now and then, and it simply hasn't been cleared from the database.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Was there ever a 2GHz 17" iMac G5?

If so, this is definitely an earlier revision model that they're trying to get rid of. It may have been part of one of those "insane early-morning deals" that some stores have every now and then, and it simply hasn't been cleared from the database.

Yup, they did; my dad owns one. It's a rev B machine.