http://www.sanyodigital.com/HD1/features.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by mercury7

I am drooling for this....comes out in march

Interesting that it has USB but, as far as I can tell, no firewire. Firewire appears to be dying.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by mercury7

I am drooling for this....comes out in march

I live in Japan and hope it comes out here before that!

Already have a good 3CCD camera, but it's too big to carry a lot of the time. This thingy looks just purrrrfect.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    yeah....it really would fit perfectly for what I do....I started a thread about this in future hardware too because I thought how cool it would be for apple to make a product like this with ipod features....a true one stop device minus phone
  • Reply 4 of 7
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Oh, didn't realize this thread was here, so I'll repeat my question:

720p HD on SD cards?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Oh, didn't realize this thread was here, so I'll repeat my question:

720p HD on SD cards?

------------------------------------------

I already priced it out....a 2 gig sd card can be had for about 160.00 which equates to 44 min of video at highest quality, so 700 msrp plus 160....I can do that
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

Interesting that it has USB but, as far as I can tell, no firewire. Firewire appears to be dying.

Firewire is a sweet technology -- multipoint to multipoint, full-duplex, low latency -- so in a day and age where digital messaging and wire reduction are hugely popular, it's hard to imagine firewire dying. It may evolve or be absorbed into a future technology, but USB has severe limitations that prevent it from doing so. This camera has a SDIO based memory system, so really there's no way to do any sort of real-time random access, and the benefits of firewire fizzle a bit.

Really, the only problem with Firewire right now is the licensing structure.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Firewire is a sweet technology -- multipoint to multipoint, full-duplex, low latency -- so in a day and age where digital messaging and wire reduction are hugely popular, it's hard to imagine firewire dying. It may evolve or be absorbed into a future technology, but USB has severe limitations that prevent it from doing so.

Really, the only problem with Firewire right now is the licensing structure.

I agree that firewire is preferred however I can see why it maynot be needed in a camera like this because basically your dealing with a file instead of a video stream, unless imovie offers support for mp4 native editing these files will probably have to be converted to something else on the computer....however for archiving and playback you can just burn the file to dvd and it will probably play back great in the avayon 1000 divx player, just a thought.