New Mactel Laptops to have Right Click?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
I think that this is a very logical step, and I've heard many rumours, but then again, could be complete rot, what do you guys think?

Charlie -

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    imacfanimacfan Posts: 444member
    No, not really - Apple is partnering with Intel, not Microsoft.
  • Reply 2 of 14
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    There never has been, nor ever will be, any product Apple sells called "MacTel", so the odds of this machine gaining a right mouse button are non existent.
  • Reply 3 of 14
    I think that a trackpad should really be only one button, and if you really need to have two buttons, just get a two-button mouse. They're pretty cheap these days ($20-30). I prefer them when gaming, but as for web-surfing, iChat, email, and iTunes, one mouse button is enough.
  • Reply 4 of 14
    pionpion Posts: 1member
    mighty mouse has 4 button and scroll button, they might add that to macTel.?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Personally, a two button track pad would really annoy me. I routinely switch which hand I'm using on the track pad, and I don't want more than one button!
  • Reply 6 of 14
    trtamtrtam Posts: 111member
    Aesthetically, I think the one button looks way better. As well, Apple never put one of those scroll bar things on the right of their trackpad, but instead did the two finger scrolling. I think what Apple should do is implement the two-finger on tackpad and click for what a right button click would do.
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Apple could put a touch sensor in the track-pad like in the Mighty Mouse. Then if you clicked on the left side you would get a left click and if you click on the right side you get a right click. Or, it could be set up so that clicking with one finger is a left-click and clicking with two fingers is a right click.

Doing something like this would be much better than two separate buttons.

-DG
  • Reply 8 of 14
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    MacTel? It sounds like that two way TeleText thingy France Telecom made in the last century.

Someone remember its name?
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by dansgil

Apple could put a touch sensor in the track-pad like in the Mighty Mouse. Then if you clicked on the left side you would get a left click and if you click on the right side you get a right click. Or, it could be set up so that clicking with one finger is a left-click and clicking with two fingers is a right click.

Doing something like this would be much better than two separate buttons.

-DG

Yeah, they could put the sensors in the button.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by blackbird_1.0

Yeah, they could put the sensors in the button.

Sorry, I meant button, not track-pad.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:

Originally posted by dansgil

Sorry, I meant button, not track-pad.

Cool.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    Quote:

Originally posted by speed_the_collapse

I think that a trackpad should really be only one button, and if you really need to have two buttons, just get a two-button mouse. They're pretty cheap these days ($20-30). I prefer them when gaming, but as for web-surfing, iChat, email, and iTunes, one mouse button is enough.

I use sidetrack on my powerbook... I use the bottom right corner as a tap for right click... works out fine. It no longer bothers me they don't have a right click for these machines. I use it constantly... and yes I was born and bread mac
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Totally Mighty Mouse style, if at all. I would prefer it that way.

But, lots of 3D apps, and more importantly in Call of Duty which lets you 'cook' nades :P, can sense two-clicking (i.e., left+right click) The Mighty Mouse is inherently designed not to do so.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    krispiekrispie Posts: 260member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Anders

MacTel? It sounds like that two way TeleText thingy France Telecom made in the last century.

Someone remember its name?

MiniTel, wasn't it?