Using Outlook Express (on Windows) with .Mac ?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi folks

I'm going to be switching to OS X in the next few months and was thinking of getting a .Mac account to replace the awful Hotmail email account I am using now.

What I was wondering is will I be able to use it within Outlook Express on Windows, until I start using it with Apple Mail.

I've searched Google but cannot finding anything that answers my question at all.

Hope someone can help,

Steven

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    Do not get .Mac just for the e-mail part of it. It's not worth it. Get GMail (if you need an invitation, pop me a PM) and use Mail.app without going through hoops trying to set-up Outlook with .Mac.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Hmm, i've been hearing that for £70 / $99 the .Mac just isnt worth it ... and being a student I really could do without spending £70 a year on something I could do without

Would people say that having a .Mac isnt really as big as Apple make it out to be when using it with OS X ?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    gene cleangene clean Posts: 3,481member
    In my opinion, it's not. The benefits are not that great... sure, the e-mail is cute, but that's about it. iDisk is fine, but horribly slow. It's nothing you can't get by without.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    .mac is worth it if you really use a lot of its services, such as syncing. It isn't worth it just for one service, such as e-mail.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Thanks for the replies

I've just setup a email account with my hosting account which I pay for anyway, so I might aswell use that.